Something New for Your Brain
1. Learn a new word by checking the Merriam-Webster’s site every morning.
Go to http://www.merriam-webster.com/word-of-the-day. There is a little audio button you can click to hear the word, also!
2. Discover something new! http://www.todayifoundout.com has interesting facts like THE STORY OF THE FASCINATING LEGUME, THE STORY OF DOROTHY’S RUBY SLIPPERS, WHY MARIJUANA GIVES YOU THE “MUNCHIES” and
WHY DIDN’T CHEWBACCA GET A MEDAL IN STAR WARS?
3. If you love History, this one’s for You! On http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history you’ll discover an interesting fact about something that happened in the past on this day! On October 14th, 1947, U.S. Air Force Captain Chuck Yeager becomes the first person to fly faster than the speed of sound.
4. Is Poetry your thing? Get a new and unpublished poem on weekdays and a classic poem on weekends at https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem-day
5. Did you always wanted to go where no man has gone before? Get a new picture from outer space at http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html
6. Music Lovers, there’s one for you, too! Minnesota’s Public Radio Station “The Current” choose the best new, independent, and unreleased songs to share with you each weekday. Go to http://www.thecurrent.org/collection/song-of-the-day and enjoy!
7. National Graphic has the best pictures! Enjoy a new one every day at http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photo-of-the-day
8. Last but not least, Google celebrates a different event every day, if you like their commemorative Doodles, check out http://www.google.com/doodles