Do you live in a cold climate? Here are a few tricks
for winter emergencies that make your life a little easier.
- Need to leave and your car lock is frozen? Have a lighter handy, hold it’s flame to your key for a few seconds and then unlock your car!
- Spray your shovel with nonstick cooking spray before shoveling, snow will slide right off!
- You can make your own de-icer by mixing 1 tsp Dawn dish washing liquid, 1 tbsp rubbing alcohol and 1/2 gallon warm water.
- Use your porch as a refrigerator! As long as it is below 40 degrees Fahrenheit outside, you can store fruits and vegetables in a cooler! Keep animals away and watch the temperatures, if it gets too cold, you don’t want to freeze them!
- Stuck with your car? Sprinkle cat litter or bird seeds under the tires to gain traction!